Saturday, December 3, 2011

What has been happening with my little herd.

It's been a while since I updated on this site so I decided I'd better get onto it....
There has been an enormous amount going on over the last few months...Every Monday and Friday our little kai's have been amazing using their skills to help "at risk youth" and this will finish for the year tomorrow- Monday 5th December 2011.  The school year is almost at an end, and the "Equine Therapy" has been instrumental in helping to give these children a better view of life, and a few tools to help them along the way.
We have had a few online lessons with *1 star Parelli instructor Jane Cook and will be looking to book a few more.
Arobridge Maxwell A & P Show Clevedon Nov 2011
There has also been the A & P show We entered  Maxwell and Louka - in hand only and were very proud to see that Maxwell and Louka both came away with some ribbons. There was a good turnout for the Kaimanawa section this year, so it was brilliant that they both did so well. Also Maxwell's first floating and outing from our place- so he excelled in everything- I think he likes to be on "show"- he was very well behaved...while Louka was really far more interested in the grass.
Arobridge Louka @ A & P show clevedon Nov 2011
Louka had been away to be started under saddle, and we brought him back to the show for the weekend off, and then he went back again- hopefully he will be home again on tuesday..I really miss him, so it will be great to see how well he is doing - apparently he hasn't put a foot wrong so far- that's my boy!!!!  I have also went along to Equidays and stayed the 3 days- that was just brilliant and I would recommend anyone that horses to attend the next one..then a few days later I attended Jackie Chant's horsenality clinic at Waerenga- was just awsome...there is so much to learn.  As it gets drier and when the hay has been cut I can't wait to get out and use that paddock to practise all the lessons so far learned...I want to sit the pnh level 2 freestyle this summer, so that I am progressing through the levels....in the meantime there is still a lot to be done with Maxwell and Oscar to bring them on a bit more.  Oscar is looking lovely in his summer coat and he is the quiet gentleman of the herd- much bigger than the others.  Sarg is his usual cheeky self, and has just had a lump surgically removed from his butt- don't think it is anything sinister but we had it sent away for analysis to make sure..... He backs up the paddock with his tail held to the side to show me, because he knows that I need to check that it's healing and clean...no problems - the stiches will be removed in 2 weeks time....so that's about it for now....Christmas is nearly upon us- so hope all our horsey friends out there have a great safe and happy Christmas....HOhoho have lots of fun and laughter. Cheers from Gypsy, Sarg, Louka, Oscar, Maxwell & Me

No comments:

Post a Comment