Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Riding Louka


Well what a day that was- Off I went to pick up Louka thinking I'd only have to ride him in the roundpen or small paddock..but no Amanda had other ideas- we went right up over the steep hills only walking - it had been raining so the clay tracks were a bit slippery.Louka has been doing this trail trotting and cantering for the past 3 weeks,and Amanda wanted me to see where he has been and to ease me into it before she let him go home....I was like a newby- but the nerves eased as I realised that he was taking this all in hs stride - my nerves started to ease as we got nearer to home and Louka didn't put a foot wrong. My friend Jak's came with me to pick him up, and it was wonderful as she was able to come with us and ride another really safe huge grey ( he was only 3 years old)- that was an unexpected bonus too. Thanks Megan for riding Louka every day, and thanks Amanda for your expertise in getting him to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment