Monday, September 26, 2011

Awsome weekend

I went to a Dale Speedy- Bio Mechanics course last weekend....took Gypsy to the first session and Louka to the second day... What a brilliant course- could recommend it. This is a first for Louka..being looked at by many different people....trying to practise the techniques of this very different way of targeting problems and then observing behaviour, actions & movement by the horse/ human and the surrounding environment.
All things that horses do naturally. Fascinating, thrilling stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed the course and so did the horses. Louka was extremely good, calm all the time except when it puddled down I put him in an enclosed stall & he was having none of that- he was either going to come over the top of the door or barg his way through it...ironic that I was there to observe the environment as well as all those other things and I didn't consider that by putting him into an environment that was very foreign to him - where was unable to see over the door or see the way out he still had the instinctual survival- I'm getting outta here one way or another....I took him out straight away and he just dropped his head and started eating...a timely reminder really - he was not familiar with these surroundings and may have felt safe in the stall at home but he could always see and get out if he wanted toat home....I should never asume.

No comments:

Post a Comment