Thursday, December 8, 2011

Continuity

I have ridden Louka for 2 days now... the first day my friend Aileen came to walk alongside us as we felt our way....It was great Louka is such a steady character..he just doesn't flap at all- think he'll leave that to someone else....
I got on down by the stream- I have been teaching him the "my grass" method and he didn't try to munch once- that is really great......I practised taking him to where I want to go from my seat, only using the reins as the last resort for direction.eyes, belly button - shoulder....thanks for the reminder Aileen. hee hee..we went through the stream and round the paddock - all at a walk- once I'm feeling that we can get faster I will...
Yesterday I did more of the same - and felt so much better than the day before...I had to go through the stream and the waterhole then on to the "ethel" paddock and practised there..backup great , riding from my seat a lot better than yesterday....I think maybe Louka will be my riding horse for a while now....at least for the next month and then I'll give him a months rest to mull it all over and then bring him in again....I just can't believe how stable and steady he is- he's like this really old soul that's telling me he'll make sure we are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment