Thursday, February 24, 2011

A full Day with Gypsy

Ahh it's so satisfying when you feel you have made progress...All of my Kai's have a cold and Sarg & Louka have a cough as well. Have treated them with echinacea but have now got them on antibiotics as well....Think it could be due to dust on their pasture- from the flood...it wasn't until I went out onto the grass that I noticed a fine coating of dust covering all the grass..then of course there is psapalum on other pasture and I'm not about to put them on that...so I have now fenced off the new grass from the area that was cut for hay 2 weeks ago- it's quite long now and no dust...Hopefully they will be a lot better..It means I can't take them to the show though..I don't want to risk it.
Yesterday Gypsy and I spent ALL DAY together playing and generally chilling out- she was just lovely, had a bit of an issue with jumping the barrel, but after watching the pnh dvd last night at the focus group I can see why...still need to circle more and then once over stand and wait- I aren't giving her enough time to think it through...as usual impatience is the bain in my side- BUT I am working on it and many of the other things that got in the way have now been sorted. We would do some of the games and then practise out float loading- then go back and do the sideways along the fence- then go down to the stream for a swim and munch a little bit of grass- it was such a brilliant day.Gaylene came for a while and did the same with Sparky then in the evening it was the focus group wher we finished the Liberty series od dvd's- wish I could do that every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment