Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When the best laid plans go amuck

I had fully intended to have a whole day horsin around yesterday- but first I had to do accounts- then the printer decided to suck a kumara- godamn thing it took me absolute hours to unjam it..Then I had to go get very necessary groceries- bank etc etc,,,and everyTHING seemed to get in my way..Took the car to the Panelbeaters to get it assessed..Dennis had a slight mishap. I kept bumping into people I know...then to the post office blah blah blah....Mae & I moved the calves...By the time I had done everything I had to cook dinner and on it went..I even found that my float needs repairing- the sheets of ply have cracked right through to the outside - so they are going to have to be replaced...
BUT TODAY I WAS BACK  on que- Bathed Gypsy & Sarg..then did some training with Maxwell and Oscar..Sarg, Louka and Maxwell all have a cough- so out came the echinacea- hope it clears up quickly...Then did some training with Oscar- He was lovely- no trouble putting halter on- he is just sooo soft...then I picked up his front feet after playing with him for a while...Just pressed the chestnut and up it came...Then Megan picked it up as well after getting him used to her..I stayed with him as he felt more confident when I'm there, but he did lift both front feet up for her too...so he's getting better all the time....What with the coughs- the car prang and my float I won't be going to the Kai show on Saturday. I'll just have to be happy with the playday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment