Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Feet are finally ok

For the past week I have had to watch Sarg Louka and Gypsy looking really quite sore...No abcess present but there had been plenty of MUD- I now think they must've either had their hooves half sucked off by the MUD or they have hooned and pulled muscles...We even had to miss our lesson with Tori... I put them all on freemover and they have now come right again.....they were definitely ok today while they were hooning like their lives depended on it..But the difference is they are on the river silt which had dried out from this wonderful sunshine and they aren't slipping everywhere now, so with a bit of luck they'll still be ok tomorrow...They have had all the mud brushed out of their manes and tails- feet all checked again- Gypsy was the only one that needed soaking in warm water & hypericum lotion- she looked a picture standing with one hoof in the icecream container...she thought it was lovely...looked like a bit of thrush....The farrier is coming on thursday to trim all their feet so I want them feeling good by then too.  LONG LIVE THE SUN...I know we are meant to hibernate and reflect in the winter so I have decided that's what I'll do next winter- it'll be by the fire with a lovely mulled wine catching up with friends and watching Parelli DVD's- thanks for the tip Jane. That's a good one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment