Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mr Calm was such a hit

Yesterday Lily and Zoe (5) were staying- Rory had gone home so it was a bit easier to do the horses without a 3 year old.... First of all Lily and Zoe groomed Louka ready for the saddle. They had to really get stuck into all the mud he'd managed to stick to his coat...but they brushed and brushed until he was spotless...such a good way of bonding and learning to move him around properly...then we saddled him up and walked him down to the roundpen....We put the string around his neck for the girls to hold..funny though they preferred to hold his mane, and then we walked them around the arena- they had 5 circles either way just at the walk and Louka was brilliant, he took great care of them. He was so gentle and calm- I'm sure he knew he had children on his back- he didn't put a foot wrong. Lily gave him some willow as a treat and Zoe gave him a great big cuddle....This was the highlight of their holiday so far, they haven't stopped talking about Louka and they are the first of the grandchildren to ride him.
Sarg is a little bit goey for the tinies, but Gracie is coming today and she has plenty of get up and go so I'm hoping that her and Sarg will love having fun together...I'm not sure how much riding Gracie has done so I don't want to just let her get on and go with Sarg....we'll see..Nakita and Shanae are coming after easter too so hopefully they will be riding  as well.
I am going to do parelli with all of them before they get on, and then they will only know that way of handling the horses.
Gypsy was standing looking at me- waiting for her turn so I groomed her and then did a little ground work with her...we just love being together now...relationship is improving all the time. Not sure if I mentioned it but finally I sent my level 1 off - I couldn't get it onto utube so I sent the disc with the forms and assessment...how I hope I do alright.-wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment